Module 6: Action Research in Schools and the Community for the Promotion of a High-level Quality of Life for Children
This Module aims to introduce the Participatory Action Research (PAR) and empower teachers to facilitate synergies within and around schools for the promotion of a high quality for all children. It also aims to inspire and enable children, parents and other relevant stakeholders to actively engage, as promoters, in action research to augment Children’s Quality of Life (CQL).
Objectives of the Module
- Underline the necessity for establishing a right’s-based approach to promote CQL.
- Discuss the need to establish synergies within and around schools for securing CQL.
- Apply Participatory Action Research (PAR) to identify, sensitize and engage stakeholders for the promotion of CQL.
- Identify the factors that promote or hinder CQL.
- Analyze the community surrounding school to identify additional stakeholders who may function as partners and allies in a joint venture for promoting CQL.
- Mobilize stakeholders from the surrounding community towards developing actions augmenting CQL.
- Apply Participatory Action Research (PAR) for the promotion a CQL.